We are looking for an experienced designer to be the design owner for Told. Someone who is passionate about developing strategies based off of insights of real people, has the mastery of their craft to turn these insights into beautifully designed products (both interactions and visuals) and inspires the organization by showing/prototyping what is possible before it is built. Above all, your work will impact the way we communicate with video.
What you'll do
- Lead design for the Told brand
- Lead design for the app
- Listen to our users and bring features to full life on their behalf
- Be autonomous. You’ll take full ownership your work, and you take responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way.
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes; knowing when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail, and when to make low-fi sketches and prototypes.
- Work from our office in Stockholm.
- You have 5+ years of related experience designing at consumer-focused tech or media companies; experience designing for mobile is a plus
- You are an incredible designer with amazing design chops. You’ve shipped many consumer products over the years, and understand what it takes to create awesome, consumer-oriented experiences
- You get nervous if you’re not sketching concepts, tweaking flows or polishing the designs that represent the big-thinking work. Your head is in the clouds while your feet are on the ground.
- You’re a great communicator. You have the communication skills to help set up frameworks and brainstorm initial design concepts. You also have the ability to mentor others to deliver work, and make strategy come to life.
- You have a people-focused design mentality. Even though you have incredible chops, you are constantly looking to hone your design instinct through user feedback. Whether through hands-on user research, or by designing options for an A/B test.
- You have an online portfolio, or PDF that you can share with us
You are able to provide a brief explanation in your application of why you are excellent for this role, while highlighting your portfolio
- Bonus points for those that can code and are comfortable shipping to production.